We're Hiring...a Graphic Designer!
Graphic Designer Required
Instant Print & Promo • Chatham Ontario
Join Our Team!
Join our team…we don’t say that lightly. If you would like to be part of a real team atmosphere, where we offer grace instead of blaming one another, we want to meet you. Become a part of our family, where we support one another as we work together for the common goal of helping our customers succeed. If you work hard and take pride in your work, we’d like to discuss adding you to our team.
We are looking for a graphic designer for our print division and our wide format (sign) division. The successful candidate will have proven graphic design skills and a demonstrated competence in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
We find that most of our best employees enjoy a lengthy career with us. If you’re ready to begin a 20-plus year career in graphic design, we invite you to apply.
Please note that working in our Chatham, Ontario location is a requirement for this position.
Our graphic designer will use their creative talents to design for print and signage. From functional forms to creative advertising, the ability to quickly produce effective and attractive work is important.
While our primary work is done using Adobe software, fluency in Microsoft Office will be a definite asset. Preference will also be given to those with marketing skills, wide format/sign experience and IT/networking abilities.
Above all, we are looking for a customer-focused professional who is teachable, patient and smart. If you regularly demonstrate common sense and common courtesy, we would like to speak to you.
We Feel That a Person’s Attitude is One of Their Most Important Assets:
- The successful candidate will have a good attitude and will work well with others. They are humble and teachable, reliable and a self-starter.
- A positive attitude is a must, seeing opportunities where others see problems.
- The person we hire will have a propensity to hustle, understanding the importance of working hard. They are self-disciplined and have the ability to schedule themselves to ensure that our client’s jobs are all completed on time (or early).
- Must be able to work independently and will need to be organized, maintain a clean workspace, and be friendly.
- Knowledge/experience in wide format/sign printing and production would be an asset. Training is available to the right person who has a willingness to learn.
- Two or more years of experience in a print and/or sign environment would be advantageous. This would include knowledge of printing technologies, paper, colour theory, etc.
- A good eye for detail is vital, including excellent proofreading skills, superior spelling and grammatical aptitude (in the English language) and the ability to fix other people’s writing errors. The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, is vital.
- The right person will have good math skills and can think logically, determining the best/most efficient way of doing things.
- Knowledge of Apple computers and basic computer/network troubleshooting skills will be considered an asset.
The Nitty-Gritty Details:
- Full-time (35-40 hours per week) located in Chatham, Ontario. Due to the equipment that is used, it is not suitable for remote work, however some flexibility may be available to the right candidate.
- Applicants must have the ability to safely lift and carry 50-70 lbs.
- Typical jobs include designing for digital and offset printing, including (but not limited to) business cards, invoices/forms, flyers/brochures, envelopes, etc. It will include operating and maintaining the digital equipment required to print these jobs (such as high-speed Xerox digital presses with Fiery RIPs).
- The person we hire will also be designing for (and producing) large-format printing such as signs, banners, displays and vehicle graphics using a 54” roll-to-roll printer.
- The job will require some interaction with customers so we require a professional attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- We cross train all of our staff, so the designer will be expected to learn other areas of the operation, including binding and finishing equipment, as well as customer service.
- Since it is difficult to enumerate all job duties in this wide-ranging position, flexibility and a helpful attitude are key attributes of success!
To apply for the position, please send an up-to-date resumé and a cover letter explaining why you would excel in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in person at 111 Richmond Street, Chatham, Ontario.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 8, 2021